Tune in to listen to Merlin Woodman, former Senior Product Manager at QorusDocs.com, share the stories behind some of his best product wisdom & career tips for new and aspiring product managers.
Merlin's product wisdom & career tips discussed in this episode
- You need to understand the market, and not just the marketing
- Be comfortable with the unknown
- Aggregate the tribal knowledge that you've accrued and present it in such a way that other teams respect the decisions that you make,
- Get from an idea and direction through to execution; there's a lot of opportunity for learning
- Define the success metrics, but also define the failure metrics- they are just as important because you will not be right all the time
- A real challenge is being able to aggregate tribal knowledge and present it in ways that other teams can understand and respect the direction you are heading
- If you're sitting on the fence, it's better to tumble forward than back.
How to contact Merlin
- Connect with Merlin on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/merlin-woodman/
3 simple steps to support the show
- Tell me how you heard about the podcast with a short 2-minute survey
- SUBSCRIBE to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you listen to podcasts
- SUBSCRIBE here, to this website, so you can gain access to complete transcripts of every episode as well as even more curated product content that will help you get started and get ahead in your product career