Tune in to listen to Jess Sudo, Product Manager at Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, share the stories behind some of her best product wisdom & career tips for new and aspiring product managers.
Jess's product wisdom & career tips discussed in this episode
- When pivoting to product, It's important to understand how your previous experience ties into being a product manager
- I would say with a great opportunity as a product manager comes great ambiguity
- Your performance is going to be evaluated on how much you're either saving the company or gaining the company financially
- You are not going to be an amazing product manager because you know everything about your product. That's a great skill set. You're the conductor, but people don't necessarily see you that way.
- Do the planning that you need to do to make your career pivot a good idea.
How to contact Jess
- Connect with Jess on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jess-sudo-95093544/
- Jess's bread baking book recommendation -- Bread Bakers Apprentice
3 simple steps to support the show
- Tell me how you heard about the podcast with a short 2-minute survey
- SUBSCRIBE to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you listen to podcasts
- SUBSCRIBE here, to this website, so you can gain access to complete transcripts of every episode as well as even more curated product content that will help you get started and get ahead in your product career